Message from School IT Head
Dear Parents & Children,
Usage of computer system and internet has become a necessity worldwide specially, during these Pandemic days of Covid-19.
Certain precautionary measures should be taken by all netizens that assist in challenging Cyber Crime. Be aware to some potential legal consequences that our actions in the digital and mobile worlds may bring forward.
Some of the activities that you are suggested to be careful about are as follows:
- Do not engage in Identity-theft. Do not cheat by impersonating and thereby using computer system.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not access or secure access to somebody else's computer system or mobile phone without the permission of the owner.
- Adhere to copyright restrictions when downloading material from Internet, including software, games, movies, or music. Do not access, copy, alter, download any data from any computer system or mobile phone without permission of the owner.
- Do not misuse the credit/debit card, bank account of another person by tampering or manipulating any computer system or computer network.
- Report online bullying immediately to the teacher and parents or someone whom you trust. Don’t indulge in bullying.
- Do not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, share or deal with any information that is harassing, defamatory, hateful and racially, ethically objectionable.
- Do not steal, receive, deal-with or retain any stolen computer, laptop or mobile phone.
- Do not engage in morphing of images. Report and flag content that is abusive or illegal.
- Don‛t share your password with anyone. Use a strong and unique password.
- Keep the browser, operating system and antivirus up-to-date.
- Obtain software from trusted sources. Always scan files before opening them.
- Don't send your pictures to unknown persons or share them on social media.
- Don't open emails and attachments from strangers.
- Don't respond to any suspicious email, instant message or web page asking for personal information.
- Check to see if the web address begins with https:// whenever you sign in online.
Cyber law as a discipline, has a message for all of us. Ignorance of law is not an excuse from it. Dear children, please be safe and make sure that your school and your parents feel secure and are proud of your activities in the online environment. Please do not indulge in any act which can put you, your family and your academic institution to shame.
We encourage each one of you explore the unexplored in digital world and reach new heights and zeniths of excellence.
Anshu P. Jain
Head of the Computer Science Department